Career Technical Institute’s (CTI) Financial Aid Office will explain what student financial aid is available to you and help you apply for the various federal, state and/or private sources.
We’ll explain how you might qualify for financial assistance under one of these educational benefits programs:
- Federal Financial Aid
- Private Student Loans
- Veteran’s Administration
- Workforce Investment Act
Apply for a PIN
Apply for a PIN or electronic signature. (Parents and students must obtain separate PIN numbers.)
To complete the FAFSA, you will need the following information:
- Prior year (2011) federal income tax returns or W-2’s
- Your parents prior year (2011) federal income tax return transcripts (if you are a dependent student)
- All forms of untaxed income, such as: Child Support, Workers Compensation, Disability Income
- Current investment records – statements, if applicable (business and personal)
- If not a US citizen; your alien registration or permanent resident card number
You may be able to retrieve and transfer your tax return information from the IRS to your FAFSA application if you have a pin. (Applicants are highly encouraged to use this option)
Steps to applying for financial aid
- Complete the FAFSA by going to: www.fafsa.gov.
The Federal school code for Career Technical Institute is 031043.
- Complete the Federal Stafford Loan Entrance counseling session for undergraduate students at studentloans.gov ( School state: District of Columbia, School: Career Technical Institute)
- Complete the Master Promissory Note at studentloans.gov ( School state: District of Columbia, School: Career Technical Institute)
To complete your entrance counseling and MPN
Get Started Today
Are you ready to take the first step towards your exciting new career? Fill out the contact form on this page or call us at 877-639-8722 to speak with a Career Counselor about what it takes to get started in a rewarding Office, Medical or IT Career field!